Friday, August 2, 2013

I'm Back!

After almost a year long sabbatical from blogging (those two posts really took a lot out of me!) I'm back again, and I have a lot of catching up to do!

My cousin successfully married the man of her dreams, and the good news is, I didn't fall flat on my face on the sloped aisle of the church (if you saw that aisle, you would also consider this a huge accomplishment!). I also successfully married the man of my dreams, and while there was some minor drama immediately leading up to the big day, everything went off perfectly! If you haven't already experienced your own wedding, believe people when they tell you that it FLIES by! We spent a year planning and prepping, scouring thrift stores and craft stores, painting and placing, and there is this huge build up of momentum and excitement, and then the next thing we know we're waking up the next morning with an unopened bottle of champagne on the hotel night stand and I have a headache from the 146 bobby pins still poking my head because I was just too exhausted to pull them all out the night before! But I wouldn't have changed a thing, because also when I woke up that morning, I was married to my best friend, which really was the point of the whole weekend!

We spent the most amazing week in northern California for our honeymoon...we flew into San Francisco, and after a quick lunch at In-and-Out...drove up to Napa Valley. We toured winery and art room at The Hess Collection, which has the most AMAZING drive leading up to it's STUNNING property. We stayed at the most beautifully laid out Embassy Suites I've ever seen, and spent the next morning driving up Route 29, stopping at the very tip of wine country in Windsor, CA (yes, we did that on purpose!) at Martinelli Winery's tasting house, where we probably held the world record for time it took to complete a tasting (we spent 2.5 hours with the lady having a great conversation and enjoying the wine!). We stopped and had lunch at a place called Willi's Wine Bar, a very trendy and delicious appetizer and wine joint. We spent the rest of the week in San Francisco, doing some of the touristy things...rode the ferry to Alcatraz...went shopping...ate chocolate in Ghirardelli Square...rode the cable cars...Golden Gate Bridge...ate the most expensive lunch at a oceanfront restaurant on Fisherman's Wharf...more shopping...and well, you get it.

Now we're almost 5 months in and we're working through a lot of firsts! We're in the process of buying our first house...and we're beginning the countdown until our first deployment. We've already received an overwhelming amount of support from both of our families, friends, and our Navy family! I plan on using this blog to work through this next year and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment